Thus, from the 26th to the 28th of August 2013, the following bodies were made operational:
- The Steering Committee which is the supreme body of the Treaty is composed of the four Ministers in charge of Energy in the CLSG Member States
- The Implementation Committee as the body in charge of monitoring the implementation of the Treaty on behalf of the Steering Committee is composed of eight members. Two senior officials from each country – one from the Ministry of Energy and one from the Ministry of Finance.
- The Board of Directors of TRANSCO CLSG composed of 7 members – The first four members are the heads of the four utilities; a representative from the West Africa Power Pool Secretariat (WAPP) and two independent experts, one from the Francophone West Africa and the other from Anglophone West Africa.
- The current acting Chairperson of the Board is Mr. Amidou TRAORE, Director General of CI Energies.
- The WAPP is the Secretariat of the Treaty with the purpose of assisting the Steering Committee and the Implementation Committee to carry out their functions.
- The General Secretary also acting as temporary General Manager of TRANSCO CLSG undertook several actions, one of which was the competitive recruitment of the General Manager of TRANSCO CLSG. Following the consummation of this process, Mr. Mohammed Mulibah Sherif, former Chief Economist at the Ministry of Finance in Liberia, was appointed as General Manager by the Board of Directors of TRANSCO CLSG.