REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
ASSIGNMENT TITLE: ENGINEERING & CONTRACT SPECIALISTS
ID No. P113266
Credit No. : 5110-LR
EOI Ref No. CS-16Bis-09/PIU
Date of publication: 21/11/2016
Submission deadline: 12/12/2016
The International Development Association (IDA) granted to the Government of Liberia global financing of One Hundred and forty four million and five hundred thousand dollars ($144,500,000) for the implementation of the Interconnection Project Côte d’Ivoire, Liberia, Sierra -Leone, Guinea (CLSG). Part of this amount is to be used to finance the following contract: Recruitment of Four (4) ENGINEERING & CONTRACT SPECIALISTS for its following country offices : One (1) in COTE D’IVOIRE, One (1) in LIBERIA, One (1) in SIERRA LEONE and One (1) in GUINEA.
Under the technical supervision of TRANSCO CLSG’s Engineering Coordinator and the administrative supervision of the country manager, The Engineering and Contract Specialist mandate will be to work closely with the Owners’ Engineer to monitor and ensure the effective and contractual implementation of works for the construction of high voltage CLSG Network (Lines, Substations , SVC, SCADA,…). Their tasks will be done in the state of the art and in accordance with contracts signed with construction companies on the basis of international and donors standards namely the World Bank, AfDB, KfW and EIB.
More specifically, Supervising the contractual implementation of the EPC Contracts, monitor the plans, schedules, invoices and progress of all engineering work and reporting on progress. To supervise locally and follow up the assignment of the Owner’s Engineer in monitoring the contractual implementation of the EPC contracts, including, but not limited to issues relating to drawings, schedules, work progress, etc…
Review the weekly contractors planning and work progress reports in collaboration with the Owner’s Engineer. Prepare, organize and conduct meeting with various stakeholders involved in the construction work.
The duration of the assignment is for Twenty-Four (24) months, and the contract will include a probation period of Twelve (12) months.
The services to be provided shall include but not necessarily be limited to the following:
- Monitor and control the contractual implementation of construction work, Contractors and Sub-contractors.
- Monitor the design (Survey, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical) and Technical submittals.
- Controlling civil, erection, testing and commissioning works.
- Prepare, organize and conduct meeting with various stakeholders involved in the construction work.
- Monitor and Control construction materials.
- Monitor the implementation of the Quality Assessment Plan set up by companies
- Monitor the security arrangements during the works (Personal protective equipment, Staff electric habilitation, etc…)
- Monitor the tests and trials made towards the commissioning (Lines, Substation, SVC, SCADA…)
- Monitor the pool of equipment (Engines, cars, various equipment….) imported by contractors for the project
- Monitor importations of companies supplies
- Monitor the implementation of the project schedule (meet the deadlines)
- Follow up on correspondences between the OE 2, Contractors, TRANSCO CLSG and the other stakeholders
- Collect all relevant information on the construction, anticipate and identify problems and risks arising and recommend necessary actions
- Clearance of the scope of works performed by contractors
- Liaise with Environmental and Social Assistants in all issues related to ESMP and RAP and ensure compliance with specification.
- Assess and advise on all proposed technical variations justification or otherwise of claims.
- Coordinate safety arrangements with all external agencies and ensure that all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are met.
TRANSCO CLSG now invites eligible applicants (“Individual Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the services described above. Interested consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the services, including CVs, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, etc..
The requirements are:
- Master degree or equivalent in one of the following fields: Civil Engineering, Electricity, Infrastructures, Public works or similar.
- At least 5 years of implementing or supervising experience in high voltage Lines and Substations (63kV and above) construction project with a at least 100 km of high voltage Lines and 1 Substation or 3 Substations and 50 km of high voltage lines in Construction or Supervision works
- Strong knowledge of electrical lines construction standards
- Experience in energy projects financed by donors such as the World Bank, AfDB, KfW and EIB
- Strong knowledge in managing engineering contracts awarded during implementation of energy projects will be an advantage.
- Experience in construction or in supervision of a SCADA system and Control Command will be an advantage.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work in a team and under pressure.
- Excellent planning and project management skills (MS Project or similar); Strong knowledge in MS office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other data processing software), ability to use internet
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Be available to travel often in the project zones.
- Proficiency in English (Read, write, speak) for Liberia and Sierra Leone positions or French for Cote d’Ivoire and Guinea. Working knowledge of the other language in each case will be an advantage.
The attention of interested individual consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the “World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers under the IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grant” (January 2011, Revised July 2014) setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultants Selection method set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers under IBRD Loans and Credit and IDA Grant”(January 2011, Revised July 2014). http://siteresources.worldbank.org/INTPROCUREMENT/Resources/Consultant_GLs_English_Final_Jan2011_Revised_July1_2014.pdf
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from Monday to Friday between 09:00 AM and 05:00 PM during working days. Or can be obtained upon request, by writing an email to: email@example.com with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expression of Interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by 5:00 PM GMT on December 12, 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The address referred to above is:
The General Manager
Cocody II Plateaux, Angré 7è Tranche
28 BP 633, Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire