- Grade: NA
- Position N°: 50080938
- Reference: ADB/16/081
- Publication date: 12/08/2016
- Closing date: 14/10/2016
- Country: Côte d’Ivoire
Cocody 2 Plateaux, Angré 7è tranche, 28 BP 633 Abidjan 28, Republic of Côte d’Ivoire
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
COTE D’IVOIRE, LIBERIA, SIERRA LEONE, GUINEA
Interconnection Project (CLSG)
ID No. – P113266
ASSIGNMENT TITLE: LEGAL ADVISER (Individual Consultant)
Credit No. : 5110-LR
EOI Ref No. CS-14-06/PIU
The International Development Association (IDA) granted to the Government of Liberia global financing of One Hundred and forty four million and five hundred thousand dollars ($144,500,000) for the implementation of the Interconnection Project Côte d’Ivoire, Liberia, Sierra -Leone, Guinea (CLSG). Part of this amount is to be used to finance the following contract: Individual Consultant for the position of Legal Adviser.
The Legal Adviser Serves as General counsel/expert for all TRANSCO CLSG corporate, business, commercial and technical matters, as well as serving as TRANSCO CLSG’s point of contact to external parties on legal issues. The Legal Adviser’s office is within the Office of the General Manager and reports directly to the General Manager. The duration of the assignment is for One and half years (18 months) with possibility of extension, subject to agreement of both parties.
The services to be provided shall include but not necessarily be limited to the following:
- Provide legal expertise and support internally the TRANSCO CLSG Board of Directors, senior management, and departments, on all corporate legal matters to ensure compliance with all legal requirements and standards;
- Serve as point of contact for external parties on legal matters, such as TRANSCO CLSG member States, utilities and other regional stakeholders and represent TRANSCO CLSG externally at forums addressing legal aspects of electricity sector development within the region;
- Act as TRANSCO CLSG’s general counsel in all legal matters ;
- Represents TRANSCO CLSG in regulatory and other legal proceedings in local, national and international courts as appropriate ;
- Perform a wide variety of administrative duties as required by the General Manager including serving as secretary to the TRANSCO CLSG Board ;
- Undertake basic or extensive review of legal documents, instruments and identify important issues and or inconsistencies;
- Participate in development of TRANSCO CLSG’s rules, agreements, standards, policies, etc.
- Draft, negotiate and support implementation of contracts, agreements, and amendments of contracts and agreements related to TRANSCO CLSG market participants, i.e., utilities interconnected with the TRANSCO CLSG system, dealing with PPA and TSA connection agreements, etc.
The position is resident at the Head Office which is located in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire. All job holders may however, be required to make visits to the field offices of TRANSCO CLSG and/or the project sites located in any of the following countries: Cote d’Ivoire, Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea.
TRANSCO CLSG now invites eligible applicants (“Individual Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the services described above. Interested consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the services, including CVs, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, etc..
The requirements are:
- Advanced degree in Corporate Law;
- Must be licensed to practice Law in at least one jurisdiction of the participating CLSG countries;
- 15 – 20 years of minimum work experience at the level of a general counsel or deputy general counsel (preferably at a credible power company) ;
- Strong demonstrated legal knowledge, discretion and judgment ;
- Management/supervisory experience desired;
- Experience in commercial law and regulatory affairs desired;
- Knowledge of electric utility industry concepts dealing with engineering, legal, and/or business issues preferred;
- Experience in drafting, negotiating, and administering electric utility industry contracts is preferred;
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment as facilitator and team member;
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills and the ability to develop creative approaches to satisfy competing interests are also essential;
- Excellent writing, communication, analytical, negotiation and documentation skills are required, with a demonstrated attention to detail and the ability to express legal concepts in a non-legal manner;
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and multi-task ;
- PC skills to include Microsoft office Word and Excel.
The attention of interested individual consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the “World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers under the IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grant” (January 2011, Revised July 2014) setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultants Selection method set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers under IBRD Loans and Credit and IDA Grant”(January 2011, Revised July 2014).
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from Monday to Friday between 09:00 AM and 05:00 PM during working days. Or can be obtained upon request, by writing an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expression of Interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by 5:00 PM GMT on July 20, 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The address referred to above is:
The General Manager
Cocody II Plateaux, Angré 7è Tranche
28 BP 633, Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Tel : +225 22 50 34 80 / Fax : +225 22 50 34 85