REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
ASSIGNMENT TITLE: PROJECT ENGINEERS
Credit No. : 5110-LR
Credit No. : 5110-LR
EOI Ref No. CS-15-09/PIU
Date of publication: 14/09/2016;
Submission deadline: 05/10/2016.
The International Development Association (IDA) granted to the Government of Liberia global financing of One Hundred and forty four million and five hundred thousand dollars ($144,500,000) for the implementation of the Interconnection Project Côte d’Ivoire, Liberia, Sierra -Leone, Guinea (CLSG). Part of this amount is to be used to finance the following contract: Recruitment of Two (2) Individual Consultants for the position of Project Engineers for its headquarters in Abidjan.
Under the direct supervision of TRANSCO CLSG’s Engineering Coordinator, The Project Engineer mandate will be to work closely with the Owner’s Engineer to monitor and ensure the effective execution of works for the construction of high voltage CLSG Network (Lines, Substations , SVC, SCADA,…). His/Her tasks will be done in the state of the art and in accordance with contracts signed with construction companies on the basis of international and donor’s standards namely the World Bank, AfDB, KfW and EIB.
More specifically, he/she will assist the Engineering Coordinator to monitor the plans, schedules, invoices and progress of all engineering work and reporting on progress. Also in collaboration with the team of the Owner’s Engineer for the supervision of the construction (phase 2), his/her mission will aim at: supervising the preparation and implementation of works towards the construction of high voltage CLSG Network (Lines, Substations, SVC, SCADA…).
The duration of the assignment is for Twenty-Four (24) months, and the contract will include a probation period of Twelve (12) months.
The servicesto be provided shallinclude but not necessarily be limited to the following:
- Monitor and control the implementation of construction work;
- Provide clearance on project equipment supplies;
- Monitor the implementation of the Quality Assesment Plan set up by companies;
- Monitor the security arrangements during the works (Personal protective equipment, Staff electric habilitation, etc…);
- Monitor the tests and trials made towards the commissioning (Lines, Substation, SVC, SCADA…) and review the Taking Over Certificates for the different packages;
- Monitor the pool of equipment (Engines, cars, various equipment….) imported by contractors for the project;
- Monitor importations of companies supplies;
- Monitor the implementation of the project schedule (meet the deadlines);
- Follow up on correspondences between the OE Phase 2, Contractors, TRANSCO CLSG and the other stakeholders;
- Review the reporting from Contractors and OE Phase 2;
- Analyze and verify the invoices of OE Phase 2;
- Participate in randmon inspections on site works and factory tests with the OE Phase 2;
- Verify the coherence of the coordination of rural electrification and the HPP connections held by the OE Phase 2;
- Analyze the O&M manuals and ToR for additional studies elaborated by the OE Phase 2;
- Collect all relevant information on the construction, anticipate and identify problems and risks arising and recommend necessary actions;
- Provide clearance on the scope of works performed by contractors;
- Liaise with Environmental and Social Assistants in all issues related to ESMP and RAP;
- Assess and advise on all proposed technical variations justification or otherwise of claims.
- Coordinate safety arrangements with all external agencies and ensure that all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed.
The position is resident at the Head Office which is located in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire. All job holders may however, be required to make visits to the field offices of TRANSCO CLSG and/or the project sites located in any of the following countries: Cote d’Ivoire, Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea.
TRANSCO CLSG now invites eligible applicants (“Individual Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the services described above. Interested consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the services, including CVs, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, etc..
The requirements are:
Master degree or equivalent in one of the following fields: Civil Engineering, Electricity, Infrastructures, Public works or similar.
- At least 5 years of implementing or supervising experience in high voltage Lines and Substations (63kV and above) construction project with a at least 250 km of high voltage Lines and 3 Substations in Construction or Supervision works;
- Strong knowledge of electrical high voltage network construction standards;
- Experience in energy projects financed by donors such as the World Bank, AfDB, KfW and EIB;
- Strong knowledge in managing engineering contracts awarded during implementation of energy projects will be an advantage;
- Experience in construction or in supervision of a SCADA system and control command will be an advantage.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work in a team and under pressure;
- Excellent planning and project management skills (MS Project or similar); Strong knowledge in MS office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other data processing software), ability to use internet;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Be available to travel often in the project zones;
- be available to start work within 30 days following the date of contract signature.
- proficiency in English or/and French (Read, write, speak) with a good knowledge of the other language.
The attention of interested individual consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the “World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers under the IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grant” (January 2011, Revised July 2014) setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultants Selection method set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers under IBRD Loans and Credit and IDA Grant”(January 2011, Revised July 2014). http://siteresources.worldbank.org/INTPROCUREMENT/Resources/Consultant_GLs_English_Final_Jan2011_Revised_July1_2014.pdf
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from Monday to Friday between 09:00 AM and 05:00 PM during working days. Or can be obtained upon request, by writing an email to: email@example.com; and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expression of Interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by 5:00 PM GMT on October 5, 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The address referred to above is:
The General Manager
Cocody II Plateaux, Angré 7è Tranche
28 BP 633, Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
E-mail: email@example.com , and copied: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tel : +225 22 50 34 80 / Fax : +225 22 50 34 85